Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hair Cut Anyone?


Apparently, I have a talent that I wasn't aware of, but discovered this week.  Let me explain...before moving to our new home, J insisted that we buy a hair cutting kit so I could cut his hair once we arrived.  Having never in my life cut hair and never wanting to, I begged, pleaded, and pulled every card in the book to get out of it.  I even tried the whole let it be a ministry to the locals and an avenue to get to know them.  Yeah, didn't work.  For some reason, J really wanted me to be the lucky one to cut his hair, especially after hearing stories of men walking into barber shops asking for hair cuts and leaving with perms instead!  So, we headed to Wal-Mart and bought this lovely kit for $16.95.  Then, we went to our favorite Batteries Plus store in Springfield and bought a travel converter kit.

After 3 weeks of being here, J's hair was in need of a hair cut.  So finally, I got brave and we broke out the kit.  Thankfully, J's hair cutting lady back home gave us step by step instructions on how to master the art of his hair.  Thanks Amy!  J read me the instructions and put on the correct guard and I went to work.  Shaking the entire time and very unsure of every step, I just cut away.  As the hair began to fall, J started shaking too and asking a lot of questions about what was happening on the top of his head.  He even asked me to get a mirror so he could watch me work.  I didn't mind a bit! He always looked so great when he came home after Amy cut his hair, and I wanted it to be the same today!  

Well after about 15 minutes of buzzing, I was finished!  J took a mirror to the bathroom and inspected the job.  Thankfully, he came back with a smile and loved it.  I don't think it looked too bad myself.  I will make a few changes for next time and figure out how to cut better around the ear lopes and his neck.  Those were really the only trouble areas.

And for those of you wondering...I will not be going in to full time business!  I will just keep my one returning customer.  :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Very impressive! Way to go!

Post a Comment