L loves to give blood. I requested a Snoopy band-aid, but they only had Garfield.
After having a long piece of metal penetrate our arms, we decided the car was in desperate need of fuel. So, we drove around, looking for a station that sells diesel. This was actually a little more difficult than we are used to.After 30 minutes of searching, we found a pump. When I was finishing up pumping the fuel, a man in the car behind me said, "Your tire is looking a little low." A little low was an understatement. It was plum flat!
Still, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how there could have been a railroad spike in my spare tire. I am pretty sure I was sabotaged by some evil tire repairman. Luckily, so I thought, I found a can of fix-a-flat. I put it in, paid 75 cents for air and did a quick web search for Firestone. We discovered there was a Firestone just 5 miles away.
It was just past 5pm at this time. We cautiously drove to the Firestone and explained the situation. They said it should be done around 7pm and it was going to cost $60 to repair both tires. I decided just to get one fixed and then they broke the news to me about fix-a-flat. Apparently, they will not repair a tire that has been injected with a gluey substance. So we were going to need to buy a brand new tire!
We decided to make the most of the evening while our car was getting fixed, so we went to a nearby diner to finish our date night with a meal. Ice cream always makes everything better.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Wow! What a date.You will remember it forever.
Oooh, rough night for sure. But you are right... ice cream does make everything better! :) Hopefully your next one goes a little smoother! Love you guys!
You guys and your poor car troubles!! It sounds like you guys had fun even through all of those hiccups!!
Miss you!
Of course it had to happen that way! When you want a peaceful night together it never seems to work out that way. We are thinking of you guys!!!
Post a Comment